Wednesday, August 25, 2010

the detox.

so the past 10-12 days I have been on a detox. This detox is pretty intense, but at least I do eat food. It requires me to eat 2 small portions of certain fruits, specific veggies and protein a day, coffee, tea and mineral water. It's not to bad because I can use as many spices, as much lemon/lime juice and apple cidar vinegar as I like! I've had a hard time being at parties and whole foods (right? too many samples that I can't indulge in!) So, since I have been a vegetarian, it's been a bit more difficult for me, then others, as I've begin to eat fish, so my only protein, twice a day is fish! Most eat chicken or steak as well. I've had fun experimenting with this challenge! And I feel absolutely wonderful! Take a look at some wonderful things I've made!



[strawberry/stevia popsicles!]


[dill tilapia with spiced tomatoes and sparkling water]

[cucumber "chips" and homemade tomato salsa and shrimp]


[breaded (with crumbled breadsticks) mahi-mahi and spicy panned cabbage]




[dessert! cinnamon/stevia baked apples!]



[spicy raw tomatoes and shrimp]





[homemade Strawberry vinaigrette]



[spicy mahi-mahi fish tacos]



[tilapia/tomato basil pan-stew]



[blackened flounder with 4 italian breadsticks, you get 4 a day, thats it!]



[quick "apple" pickles with shrimp and lemon]


i feel so healthy!


2 comments: