Wednesday, January 5, 2011

3 1/2 week vacation: part 1




Robert and I have been fortunate enough to take a 3 week long christmas vacation.
Well he only gets 2 weeks, but I get an extra week!
Our first stop: Kansas!


this is Robert's Aunt Pat's Christmas tree. We visited her a few times on our visit.
Unfortunately, while we were in Kansas, on Christmas eve, Robert's great uncle Fritz died. I am sad, although I am grateful that I got to know him, and Robert and I made an effort to see Fritz a few times, every visit. We we fortunate to be in town for the funeral, as Robert felt very close to Fritz.

[Aunt Pat and Fritz with their dog Molly at the nursing home- taken from Pat]




Christmas eve was started with a candlelit service and followed by a great meal prepared by my mother-in-law.




christmas day we played Domino's, my first time ever! I've never known how to play! Please that my hubby taught me, not please that he never let me win.


Christmas goodies: I got a wonderful wool jacket, and Robert got new boots, pants and a holiday sweater (Lacoste, from me:)








lots of baking!




Our next stop: Denver, CO!

No comments:

Post a Comment