Wednesday, March 31, 2010

blueberries.



yesterday I attempted to make my first ever "Blueberry Crisp!" It turned out great!
I experimented it on a group of people who I know pretty well and they all gave me the thumbs up!
The host of the dinner we presented the dessert at even homemade maple vanilla whipped cream! What a treat!










[people obviously loved it if there is non left right?]

This recipe had no refined sugar, no gluten and no dairy! my mouth and stomach were happy!
It's not fully perfected, but I'll share with you what I created!

filling:
3 pints of fresh, rinsed blueberries
2-3 tbl. of agave
juice from 1 lemon [optional]
3 tbl. of almond meal
4 tbl. unsweetened applesauce

the crisp:
3/4 c. of almond meal
1 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 c. of gluten free rolled oats
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
8 tbl. earth balance butter [or regular butter if you like!] cut into small pieces

oven: 400
grease a 9 X 13 baking pan.
combine all the filling ingredients and stir well.
in a mixer add the "crisp" ingredients and mix on low for about 30 seconds or until the butter is broken up.
mix until the crisp becomes crumbly. with some chuncks!
pour the filling into the pan and make sure it's even, then crumble the crisp on top

bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until done [it will be gooey and runny]
let cool. enjoy with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!


On another note, this weekend is the Dead Ped's Moped Rally in Nashville. Robert and I are so excited! 3 full days of riding our sweet little mopeds all over Nashville with some amazing people!




[robert and I riding in Denver!]



[robert trying to comfort a sweet crying baby. love this picture!]

2 comments:

  1. yum that sounds SO delicious!! i have a rhubarb strawberry crisp in the oven right now and i'm really hoping it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is almond meal, or how do you create it I guess is what I really want to know?

    ReplyDelete